Recipe submitted by @healthynre
In this recipe, @healthynre used our Organic Raw Honey and transformed the typical General Tao Chicken into something that's guilt-free, but still 100% delicious. Who needs takeout when you can do this at home with only a few simple ingredients and steps?
2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
1 large egg
3/4 cups cornstarch
3/4 cups oat flour
Sea salt and white pepper to taste
2 tbsps Dutchman's Gold Organic Raw Honey
2 tbsps sodium-reduced soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsps fresh ginger or ginger powder
2 tsps fresh garlic or garlic powder
2 tbsps ketchup
1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
2 tbsps sesame oil
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Wash and dry the chicken thoroughly then cut into cubes or bite-sized pieces.
2. Prepare "dunking stations": first is cornstarch, then egg, followed by oat flour (lightly seasoned with some sea salt and white pepper).
3. Dip chicken pieces in the above mixtures in that order and tap off any excess.
4. Place in the air fryer for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through.
5. Warm up the sauce in a small pan at low heat and add in cooked chicken pieces to coat evenly.
6. Top with some toasted sesame seeds and plate with your favourite greens to serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!