Recipe submitted by @mealsbybrit
Tonight we're sharing a new recipe for you to Break Out this March Break!
Made with Dutchman's Gold's Honey with Raspberries and created by the talented food blogger @mealsbybrit, our Caramelized Banana and Raspberry Cream Crepes are a decadent, healthy treat!
𝘐𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 (𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘴 1-2):
- 1/3 cup of oat flour
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 cup of almond milk (or other milk of choice)
• 1 egg
• a few drops of vanilla extract
• cooking spray
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp @dutchmansgold Honey with Raspberries (or to taste)
• 1/2 tsp cardamom
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
• 1 thinly sliced very ripe banana (lots of brown spots)
1. To prepare the crepes, whisk eggs, vanilla, salt and milk until well combined. Sift in flour and whisk until there are no lumps. Let the batter sit in the fridge for 30 minutes for the flour to fully hydrate.
2. While the batter is resting, combine Greek yogurt with @dutchmansgold honey and spices to taste and set aside.
3. Microwave the frozen raspberries for ~30 seconds to thaw – we want to keep the liquid as a tart syrup to drizzle over the crepes later!
4. Arrange the slices on banana on a dry, cold, non-stick pan and cook over medium heat until one side turns golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side until caramelized, reducing the heat if the sugars are burning. If the banana gets stuck to the pan, pour a few tablespoons of water into the pan and allow the sugars to dissolve. When ready, set aside.
5. Once the batter has rested, heat a slightly greased large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and pour ~1/4 cup of batter into the center. Quickly swirl the pan/use the back of a spoon to slightly push the batter to the edges or cover any gaps that formed. Cook until the bottom side is set, flip and cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter remembering to grease the pan and adjust the heat as needed.
6. Plate with your toppings as desired and enjoy!