Courtesy of New York Times Cooking Recipes
Total Time: 40 minutes plus chilling
Servings: 10-12 servings
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh cranberries (6 cups)
- 1¾ cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons Dutchman’s Gold Summer Blossom or Wildflower honey
- 4 (¼-inch-thick) slices fresh ginger root, smashed
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the cranberries, sugar, red wine, ½ cup water, honey, ginger, and salt.
- Simmer gently until most of the cranberries have popped and the sauce is thick and syrupy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in the black pepper. Chill thoroughly before serving.