Courtesy of Sue Bee Homemaker
- 2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- sprinkle of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almonds and cashews together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour honey in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds to a minute, just until it starts to bubble and become liquid. Remove and add cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well.
- Pour honey mixture over the nuts, and mix well, until the nuts are well coated. Pour nuts on baking sheet and spread around evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant and nice and golden brown. Remove and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the top. Add another sprinkle of salt and let cool for just a few minutes.
**IMPORTANT! As soon as you can handle them safely, break the nuts apart and remove from the parchment paper onto the pan itself. The nuts will stick to the parchment paper if you let them sit too long.
*Remember to add honey to your charcuterie board!