Recipe submitted by @allegradagostini
Are you looking for a delicious dessert to create this weekend with Dutchman's Gold's Blueberry Blossom Honey?
Introducing our newest dessert recipe: Cashew Tar with Honey-Candied Almonds! Thank you to the talented food blogger @allegradagostini for creating this delicious recipe.
1 cup (150 g) dried figs (apricots or dates would also be nice)
¾ cup (80 g) roasted almonds
2 ½ cups (280 g) raw cashews
½ cup coconut cream (114g) (scooped off the top of a can of cold coconut milk)
¼ cup (85 g) Dutchman’s Gold Blueberry Blossom honey
2 tbsp (12 g) melted coconut oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground cardamom
⅛ tsp salt
1 ½ cup roasted almonds
2 tbsp Dutchman’s Gold honey
1/2 tsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1. Soak 2 ½ cups of cashews in boiling water for at least 4 hours (this can be done up to 2 days before). Grease the base and sides of an 8” tart shell or springform cake pan, then line the base with parchment.
2. Pour boiling water over the dried figs and allow them to soak for 5-10 minutes. Drain water from the figs, then transfer them to a food processor and process to form a paste, 2-3 minutes. Add in almonds and salt and process again until a dough forms, scraping down the sides of the food processor as necessary. Press this dough into the base of your prepared pan and place it in the fridge while you make the filling.
3. For the filling, add cashews to a high-powered blender along with coconut cream, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, cardamom and salt. Blend all ingredients until very smooth, this could take up to 10 minutes. Pass the cashew mixture through a sieve to ensure smoothness, then carefully pour it over your base and use a spatula to distribute it evenly. Drizzle honey in circles over top, then place in the freezer for at least 3 hours or until ready to serve.
4. For the honey-candied almonds, line a baking tray with parchment. Then, add honey, coconut oil and salt to a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until the mixture begins to bubble up. Allow it to bubble for 1-2 minutes then add almonds and stir to coat them in the honey mixture before spreading them in an even layer on your prepared tray to cool.
5. About 20 minutes before serving, remove tart from the freezer. Carefully run a knife along the edge of the tart to release it from the pan, then transfer it to a serving dish. Garnish with roughly chopped, honey-candied almonds.
Comments will be approved before showing up.